Tuesday 27 September 2011

Be Thou My Vision

Loved for the beautiful tune and the meaningful words since the Swallow heard the song for the first time, it serves as a musical reminder to her that her focus must always be on the Lord God, the Creator.  Knowledge of the Lord God is a never-ending journey of discovery.  His blessings, gifts and creation itself should not draw the Swallow's attention away from Him.  Instead, they must point Him and His great love for her.

This song also serves as a prayer in song...

BE THOU MY VISION (author unknown)

Be Thou my vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art;
Thou my best thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my wisdom, and Thou my true word;
I ever with Thee, and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle-shield, sword for the fight;
Be Thou my dignity, Thou my delight,
Thou my soul's shelter, Thou my high tow'r;
Raise Thou me heav'nward, O pow'r of my pow'r.

Riches I heed not, nor man's empty praise;
Thou mine inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach heaven's joys, O bright heaven's Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my vision, O Ruler of all.

Hebrews 12 : 2 (NIV)
Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Philippians 3 : 12 - 14 (NIV)
Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.  Brothers, I do not consider myself to have taken hold of it.  But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining towards what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

No comments: