Sunday 24 May 2020

Redefining Your World for Jesus, a Daily Submission

We live in a changing world. Just at the start of 2020, change has been wrought in many lives due to the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak.

Some changes came with a heavy price - lives lost...

Some came with a price though not as heavy - jobs lost, opportunities lost...

Some came with heavier responsibilities or challenges - caring for young ones / the elderly while working from home, continuing to work because you are in essential services...

Some changes were seen as rewards or benefits instead - extra bonding time with young ones, no need to commute to work, can sleep-in a little...

And the Swallow sees this time (and every other day) as a time for reflection...
  • What is the world to you?
  • What are your priorities in life?
  • Where will you be when the world or your life ends?...
And the following song puts her answers well...

JESUS IS ALL THE WORLD TO ME (author unknown)

Jesus is all the world to me - my life, my joy, my all.
He is my strength from day to day - without Him, I would fall.
When I am sad, to Him I go, no other one can cheer me so.
When I am sad, He makes me glad - He's my Friend.

Jesus is all the world to me, my Friend in trials sore.
I go to Him for blessings, and He gives them over and over.
He sends the sunshine and the rain, He sends the harvest's golden grain.
Sunshine or rain, harvest of grain - He's my Friend.

Jesus is all the world to me, and true to Him I'll be.
O, how could I this Friend deny, when He's so true to me?
Following Him, I know I'm right, He watches over me day and night.
Following Him, by day and night - He's my Friend.

Jesus is all the world to me, I want no better Friend.
I trust Him now, I'll trust Him when life's fleeting days shall end.
Beautiful life with such a Friend, beautiful life that has no end,
Eternal life, eternal joy - He's my Friend.

1 John 4:19 (NKJV)
We love Him because He first loved us.

Because He first loved her, she is willing to redefine her world i.e. to see change as allowed by Him and submit to His will, His ways, His time, His results - whether in life or service for Him.

No comments: